UPDATED MAP GRAPHICS
We’ve added a high-contrast outline to both the Reroute Line and the Route-To-Pin Line on the map, making them stand out.
IMPROVED ROUTING PERFORMANCE
We’ve made performance improvements to routing, so Karoo can load and calculate routes faster.
SIMPLIFIED OFFLINE MAP SETTINGS PAGE
We’ve simplified the design of the Offline Maps Settings page. It’s now easier to see how much storage is in use, and whether or not the regions are downloading.
IMPROVED SETUP EXPERIENCE
We’ve added a Summary screen at the end of Setup, so it’s easier to check that your Karoo is configured as you like, before you begin using it. We’ve also added the ability to swipe between the main steps of Setup, instead of having to use the Next and Back buttons to navigate through it.
IMPROVED ACCOUNT LOGIN
We’ve added the option to sign in to your Hammerhead Account on Karoo using a QR code. Use your Phone’s (or PC with a camera) QR scanner to login. Email sign-in is still available on the Karoo.
UPDATED TECHNICAL INFRASTRUCTURE
This release includes an update to some of the technical infrastructure that supports the Karoo experience, from recording rides to syncing them with the Dashboard and more.
- Note: We have tested this update extensively over the past few weeks, but if you still experience any issues, please contact email@example.com and do not Factory Reset your Karoo unless instructed by Support.
- Some accounts may experience an automatic reboot of the devices once after installing the update. It’s normal and you should not be worried about that.
[KAROO 2 ONLY] IMPROVED PHONE CONNECTIVITY
We’ve made an improvement to the reliability of phone notifications, particularly Karoo’s ability to automatically reconnect to a phone.
- We’ve fixed a bug that resulted in ANT+ lights not getting set to their proper light mode if they connected to Karoo during a ride.
- We’ve fixed a bug in sensor pairing that could prevent Karoo from connecting properly if you were pairing as many ANT sensors as possible at one time.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could make Di2 slow to connect to Karoo.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could prevent the map of your ride from displaying in the Post-Ride Summary.
- We’ve fixed a bug where the route line for a Route-to-pin would remain on the map after you’ve cancelled the route.
- We’ve fixed a bug that prevented some users from enabling Live Track on their Karoo.
- We fixed an issue with account creation that could lead to some users experiencing various failures on Dashboard.
- We’ve fixed an issue that could cause the Software Update progress bar to malfunction if the Karoo is up to date when going through Setup.