Introductions and Enhancements:
- Automatic download of software updates over WiFi. Karoo can now download available software updates when on a recognized WiFi network and then prompt the user to install the update.
- Added additional support for ANT+ crank-torque and power-only (power meter with PWR profile) power meters.
- Historic elevation graphic data field introduced. The diagram shows the elevation profile of the five most recent miles recorded.
- Ride status (in-ride, paused, etc.) now shown in the status bar.
- Improvements to increase battery life while Karoo is in sleep mode. Rate of power usage decreased by approximately 50%. Further battery life improvements are possible and in the work queue.
- Addressed issues with erratic power readings on Stages and Power2Max power meters. Fixed zero drop on BLTE stages and left/right power spikes on Stages and Power2Max.
- Better location fixes to smooth ride recordings. The NLP (Network Location Provider - which is based on WiFi network lookups) service is no longer used in-ride for determining rider position. GPS alone is used to determine a location in a ride and this increases the accuracy of the riders position, reducing “position jumping” which has been reported by some users.
Known Issues Remaining:
- Though increasingly rare, turn-by-turn directions can fail for some riders, resulting in the “Waiting for instruction” error or other navigation prompt failures. A permanent resolution to this issue is high priority.
- Offline map downloads failures still affecting some users (workarounds identified, but root cause/fix still being explored).
- Some users have reported that Strava does not recognize certain segments of rides after upload. It is not clear if this is a Hammerhead/Karoo-based issue or a Strava-based issue, but it is being investigated.
- Data screens have been reported to “freeze” or be difficult to transition after a ride of approximately 30K or more.