Improved Route Following
We’ve made an update to when you are following a route on Karoo. Now, if you enter a Follow Map section (e.g. where you used Ignore Paths on Dashboard, or a straight line mode in another route builder, etc.), Karoo will no longer try to reroute you while you are on the Follow Map section until you get back on the navigable route.
- Note: These sections are basically a result of your route going somewhere that Karoo doesn’t know it can route through, so there’s no point trying to reroute you in these sections. There’s a higher-than-normal likelihood that you’ll stray from the route line, and it’s almost guaranteed that we won’t be able to find navigable roads to put you on. The end result here should be clearer communication from Karoo, and less confusion when trying to follow your routes exactly as you built them.
Added Ferry Route Support
Karoo (and Dashboard!) now support ferry routes in route building, route-to-pin, and rerouting. These will be used only if there are no other easy ways to get where you’re trying to go by bike.
Updated Sorting Mechanism Design
We’ve updated the design of the sorting mechanism in the Rides and Routes Lists on Karoo, and the options menu in the Settings page for Strava Live Segments.
- We’ve fixed the bug that prevented Manual Calibration of Elevation to work when a ride was in progress.
- We fixed an issue where Karoo could record a duplicate (overlapping) climb if you paused at the end of a climb and were riding without a route. This was visible post-ride on Dashboard Ride Review.
- We’ve fixed a bug that could cause an important subservice on Karoo to crash if you opened the Workouts app without being signed into a Hammerhead account.
- We’ve improved the “Prefer Trails” routing algorithm on Dashboard. Now, trail names and trail networks will be used in the calculation of routes. This should lead to more predictable and higher quality off-road routing.
Android Companion App:
- We’ve updated the Android Companion App to be in Spanish if your phone’s language is set to Spanish.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Android Companion App to crash if you tried to open it without enabling the required permissions (“Nearby Devices” access) in Settings.