INTRODUCING LIGHT MODE
Now you can see your in-ride data black over a white background. We’ve tweaked almost every element of the ride experience in Light Mode to improve daylight visibility. You can change between Dark and Light Mode in your Karoo’s display settings.
UPDATED DATA FIELD LABELS
We’ve updated the style of data field labels to be more legible.
ADJUSTED MAP LAYOUTS
We’ve adjusted the map for map-on-top layouts, so now you can see more of the route ahead.
NEW STRAVA SEGMENT TRANSITIONS
We’ve added a transition between Strava Segments when you’re competing against multiple at once, so you’ll always know which segment you’re viewing.
UPDATED BATTERY SAVE MODE
We’ve updated Battery Save Mode to turn off when Karoo shuts down. Now, you won’t have to remember to turn Battery Save off on your next rides.
UPDATED RADAR MUTE SETTINGS
We’ve updated Radar Mute to reset when Karoo shuts down or a new Radar is paired. This ensures you won’t miss alerts from your Radar. The Radar can still be muted and unmuted in-ride.
IMPROVED MAP SENSITIVITY
We’ve made the map less sensitive to small changes in direction while riding and zoomed out. Now, when zoomed out, the map will be more likely to point in your general riding direction, instead of swinging about as you follow twists in the road.
[KAROO 2 ONLY] IMPROVED APP SWITCHING
We’ve improved the app switching experience on Karoo 2 to be easier and glove-friendly: simply hold the bottom-right button to return to the Home screen, where you can switch profiles, open settings, and more, all without stopping your ride.
- (Note: you can force-quit apps by double-clicking the bottom-left button when you’re on the Home screen).
- We fixed a bug that could cause Karoo to stop receiving some fraction of the data from sensors that transmit more than one type of data (e.g. cadence from a crank-based power meter, etc.).
- We’ve fixed a bug that prevented certain GPX files from uploading to Dashboard.
- We’ve fixed an issue that prevented the Elevation Graph on Dashboard from resizing when your browser window resized.
- We’ve improved the error screen that occurs when trying to open a ride that has no GPS data.